River Park Hospital
River Park Hospital has an opening for a full-time Coder/Specialist. The core job functions for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Abstracts clinical information from documents in a patient record and assigns appropriate ICD-10 codes according to established procedures, when necessary queries physicians for documentation clarification, utilizes coding databases and confirms DRG assignments.
- Responsible for identifying, compiling, abstracting patient data, and coding patient data using the current standard classification systems.
- Reviewing patient records for completeness and accuracy to insure that the overall management of patient health information is of the highest quality and maintained in accordance with HIPAA, HITECH, and other regulatory standards.
- Assists H.I.M. Director in department functions as needed.
- AHIMA Certification preferred (CCS, RHIT, or RHIA)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Three years minimum coding experience
- Minimum of five years’ experience in Health Information Management
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Apply Online: https://jobs.uhsinc.com/search-jobs/