Recorded: April 2017
CEU: 1.0 – Management Development
HIM departments across the country are continually challenged to retain their most highly skilled professionals. Quality coders are in high demand and HIM professionals are looking more and more to enhance their career opportunities. As a long time HIM department leader I have experienced first-hand the difficulty of developing career paths for employees. The good news is that the HIM segment is poised for continued growth with job opportunities expected to grow by 15% by 2024. With a little planning and a commitment to your people you can make your facility a “destination” for HIM professionals.
Andrea Romero, RHIA
Senior Vice President, HIM Operations
Andrea is a healthcare business executive with 20 years of progressive experience in health information management (HIM) and Revenue Cycle functions. Her HIM experience in large teaching hospitals (BJC HealthCare) and revenue cycle experience in multi-hospital systems (Health Management Associates) allows her to see the healthcare industry from multiple perspectives.
- 20 years of experience in HIM operations and revenue cycle in for profit, not-for-profit, and community hospitals
- Member of Revenue Cycle Steering Committee for a large health system
- Specialized in reduction of staffing through centralized processes and standardization
- Experience in technology implementations in short time frames: EMR, coding, transcription, electronic eligibility, ADT
- ICD-10 Executive steering committee for a large health system – performed gap analysis, created action plans and ensured compliance for 13 hospitals
- Development of dashboards and reporting for clients and internal staff
- Guest speaker for state associations
A summa cum laude graduate of St. Louis University’s Health Information Management Program, Andrea is an active member of AHIMA and the Florida Health Information Management Association.
Access instructions to the recording will be provided within 2 business days following receipt of payment.
AHIMA/WVHIMA Members: $75
The On Demand audio conferences and webinars are non-refundable.
When you register online, you will have the option to pay by mail with a check or pay online with a credit card (AMEX, MasterCard, Visa, or Discover).
If you are paying by check, select “mail a check” under payment options. You will later see instructions to print the confirmation page and mail your payment to KnowledgeConnex. The mailing address will be on the invoice. Make your check payable to KnowledgeConnex and include the confirmation/order number with the check. Checks that do not reference the confirmation number will be returned to you and will not be applied to the registration.