Sr. Consultant/Bureau for Public Health Project Manager
BerryDunn is a CPA and Management Consulting firm with over 450 employees throughout the country that provide a full range of services including Management and IT Consulting, Health Analytics/Actuarial Consulting, Audit, Accounting, and Tax. With offices in Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut, West Virginia, and Arizona, BerryDunn has maintained steady growth over its 40+ year history, and the firm is regularly named to national “Top 100” lists, including recent recognition for being a “fastest-growing” firm. We partner with clients across the United States, and we attribute our growth to attracting, developing, and retaining outstanding employees who help our clients create, grow, and protect value.
Our Government Consulting Group is seeking a Senior Consultant to join our State Government Practice Area. The individual we seek has the right mix of demonstrated project management capabilities, business development experience, strong leadership capabilities and effective communication skills. The successful candidate will have previous Health and Human Services experience, either for a state agency or as a consultant. Experience in a public health department with business process improvement; system planning, selection, and implementation; project management is preferred.
- Leading project management for projects in a State Public Health setting including (but not limited to services such as) business process improvement, RFP development, procurement support, and oversight of the vendor’s work.
- Specific project needs include state health department strategic plan implementation; request for proposal development for state emergency management data system; and a system implementation for vital records
- Lead and support delivery of services to clients on time and within budget, including assigning and managing staff, creating work products, and reporting on project status
- Facilitate meetings and interviews with client stakeholders
- Develop proposals, staffing plans and budgets for new business
- Participate in staff/team meetings and training and work effectively as a team player on multiple client projects
This position will require as much as 60% on-site commitment in Charleston WV, and as such a local resource is preferable, but we would consider a remote employee status for the right individual willing to travel up to 60% of the time to Charleston.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 – 5 years of related project management experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working with a State Medicaid Agency
- Past experience with government Public Health organizations
- Effective project management and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication, analytic, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Ability to balance multiple assignments and achieve quality results in a timely manner
- Significant experience with Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Visio
- Ability to create and sustain positive working relationships with staff and diverse constituencies and to work independently as well as collaboratively
- A desire to work in and for Health and Human Service clients, making a difference across the country
- Attributes essential to success include a strong client service attitude, a proven track record, a collaborative work style, and a passion for helping clients be successful
Preferred Qualifications, in addition to the above:
- Advanced Degree (Information Systems, Computer Science, Business, Public Policy, Public Health, or Public Administration preferred)
- PMP certification
- Business Analyst experience and/or qualifications
- Change management experience and/or qualifications
- Past experience with Health and Human Service agencies, such as Child Welfare, Medicaid, and/or WIC programs at the State level.