WVHIMA Quarterly President Message: Vision with Action Can Change the World!
Dear WVHIMA Family,
I am so honored and humbled to serve as your 2019-2020 president and thank you for the opportunity to share my vision for WVHIMA and our profession!
Our Board and Committee members have been busy taking action and planning great opportunities for all of us. They volunteer their time and run this association, often times after long days at their regular jobs and family obligations, and I am forever grateful for all that they do!
Please help me welcome our current Board and Committee Chairs:
- Vice-President and Second Year Past President – Megan McDougal
- President-Elect – Jennifer Royce
- Immediate Past President – Vickie Findley
- Secretary – Andrea Lamb
- Treasurer – Jennifer Royce (term ends 12/31/19), Jennifer Smith (term begins 1/1/20)
- Directors – Jennifer Royce (3rd year), Heather Rush (2nd year), Ashley Simmons (1st year)
- Annual Convention Chair – Stacey Teets
- Budget Chair – Megan McDougal
- Distinguished Member – Debbie Lupton
- Education Chair – Ashley Simmons
- Nominating Chair – Megan McDougal
- Scholarships Chair – Christine Metheny
- Technology Chair – Sally Lucci
- Vendor Chair – Heather Rush
In lieu of the traditional Fall Retreat this year, we will be piloting focused educational sessions. We have also heard your voice and understand the need for face-to-face networking and more web-based options. It is our vision that a variety of focused educational opportunities will better support you and your career, and hope that you will join us:
- Fall Coding Meeting – November 8, 2019 at United Hospital Center
- On-Demand Webinars – coming soon!
- Annual Convention 2020 – tentatively May 14 (full day and evening social event) and May 15 (half day) at the Bridgeport Conference Center. Details coming soon!
Thank you for being part of the WVHIMA family and for taking action to help shape and change the world of healthcare and your career! I am looking forward to meeting with and working alongside all of you.
Jamie Anderson, RHIT, CHTS-IM
WVHIMA President, 2019-2020